Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bathroom Remodel- Day 3 and 4 (Plumbing 101)

















Day 3 was devoted to figuring out where and how all the drain and vent pipes would go. DETAILS, DETAILS AND MORE DETAILS. This took a very long time... it also required additional demo. Terry was not very enthusiastic when I got home from work.
















We got the main vent pipe up. Terry was very happy to have this done. After a couple trips to Home Depot, we actually had all the parts we needed.


















Smithers is all smiles. He's happy to have the vent pipe up too.





















The dogs can't wait to have the bathroom done.





















Day 4- Oso (the building inspector) is checking out the progress. The sink vent got installed. The holes in the floor and ceiling got patched up. The new window got picked up.




















Improvisation- the key to getting things done. (Yes, that is roofing material)





















I may not know what I'm doing, but I sure look like I'm getting something accomplished.





















Finally- framing begins... Enthusiasm is back...















The old doorway got framed in- the new space is starting to take shape.

No comments: