Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 2007: Building the patio...

We knew all along that we wanted some kind of patio in the backyard. And since winter is finally over, now's the time! Michele wanted an intricate "paver patio". It's actually a series of concrete pads with 4 inch spaces in between. Within the space, we'll be putting sand and planting ground covering thyme. It should look really cool when it's done. Anyhoo...




I'm finishing up the framing of the concrete forms. In this pic, I'm lightly tamping sand that I've placed in the space between the concrete forms so concrete doesn't seep into this space during the concrete pour. Gotta save space for the thyme!


This probably doesn't look like much, but it was a lot of work getting these forms put together. More than just the forms, I had a lot of digging to do. My buddy Mark helped me with some of the digging. C'mon back, Mark....the concrete pour is next weekend!


We had to take out some sod at the bottom of the pic. We'll bring in some topsoil and sod to redo this area once the concrete work is done.


View from the back porch. Looks like Hollywood Squares! Each square is about 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet.


Mmmmm.... BBQ'd pork ribs, collard greens and cous-cous. Well, all that patio-building makes a guy hungry!!!

Stay tuned for the final patio pics once the concrete work is all done... :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.