So, I have things I need to get done today away from the house. My electrician said the inspector would be here between 9 and 2. It's 1:00. In this day and age of cell phones, one would think that the inspector could give his customer, me, a call with a decent estimated time of arrival.
Maybe my electrician forgot to schedule of inspection.
On a positive note, the electrician installed a dimmer switch on my dining room light, so we can now have mood lighting with our meals.
Also good, I called the cabinet guy and he said the cabinets are built and at the finishers getting the interiors finished. They should be ready next week. Of course, I'm totally not ready. I haven't been very motivated this week. I have a very painful canker sore on my tongue (too much coffee & acidic food lately- I think.) So, I couldn't drink any coffee and it hurt to eat, I had a constant headache from the pain and caffeine withdrawal. I want coffee so bad, but I don't want it to flare up before it's healed. Crap.
It's going to be a busy weekend- plumbing & sheetrock.
Next week, the gas line for the range will be moved and I need to finish stripping & sanding the old upper cabinets.
In unrelated news, I stopped by the humane society yesterday and there was lots of potential additions to our family there. One dog in particular reminds me so much of Smithers, our rott mix. I don't know if I want another dog with that much attitude. I'd really love to find a super submissive sweet dog. One dog fit that bill, but was huge and drooled- a Saint Bernard mix. I may just have to take Terry down there this Saturday to have a look see.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your canker sore. Do you regularly suffer from canker sores? I used to until my dentist recommend I take a 500 mg L-Lysine tablet daily. I eventually found out that 2 tablets daily worked for me most of the time. I do occassionaly get still get one, but when I feel it coming on, I'll take an extra 2 tablets at bed time until it's cleared up. For me this really works, before the L-Lysine I sometimes had as many as 6 at a time.
Post a Comment