Kitchen Cabinet Install
Before install, we added a little graffiti to hide behind the cabinets for someone to discover next time the cabinets are replaced.
Cabinets are by Erichsen Cabinet Shop. They built us unfinished paint grade maple flush cabinets with shaker doors to match the original ones. The drawer fronts are plain slabs. We had the interiors pre-finished, so we only have to paint the exteriors. They fit the character the house. We are super happy with their shop & service. It is local, family owned and operated.
Our kitchen is very awkward due to all the doorways, so the only cabinet that is a normal 24" depth is the sink cabinet and a really narrow one by the stove. All the others are shallower than normal. I'm very excited to finally see the spot that the dishwasher will go.
This is the awkward area by the old chimney. Instead of a normal height upper cabinet we had a shorter designed, so we could put in a small TV and hang stuff on the wall. The counter is shallow there, so I also didn't want to hit my head on the upper while prepping food. I didn't catch that the cabinet guy had written it down as a normal height one until it showed up. What was awesome was that they took it back, cut it down, made new doors, and had it back in a couple of hours. That is awesome service, which is why I chose a local family owned & operated shop.
We managed to get a narrow cabinet between the stove and refrigerator. The cabinet maker made them pull outs.
Big upper spice rack.
I can't wait to prep, prime & paint the cabinets. That'll keep me busy next week!
1 comment:
Looks great! How exciting. I love the pullout cabinet. In these old kitchens it's so important to make use of all the space you can. How fun!
Post a Comment